Bicycle Agenda 2017-2020
8. Increase knowledge
More bicycle knowledge, established clear, concrete transition steps into practice, which are identifiable, accessible, able to be implemented. For great successes, convey an intensive, comprehensive view. This requires a good knowledge database.
- Together, establish a structural cooperation in the field of cycling policy, between research organisations aimed at mutual exchange of experience and knowledge about each other’s programs and in capturing targeted coordination of activities, available and distribution of knowledge, experience and best practices.
- Creation of a bicycle knowledge matrix representing the relevant gaps in cycling knowledge (Fietscommunity 2.0).
- Collect and distribute knowledge and best practices in the field of cycling policy, bicycle safety, bicycle infrastructure and bicycle promotion
- Collection and use of cycle data.
- Develop tools for monitoring.
The 8 goals of the Bicycle Agenda 2017-202
- Netherlands as the leading bicycle country
- More room for the bicycle in cities
- Boosting the quality on busy and important regional cycling routes
- Optimise the transition from the bicycle to other modes, PT-bike and car-bike
- Targeted cycling promotion
- Less cycling casualties
- Less stolen bicycles
- Increase knowledge