Bicycle Agenda 2017-2020
1. Netherlands as the leading bicycle country
Netherlands is the country with most cyclists, the best cycling, the best bikes, and most cycling knowledge. No other country can put this on their business card. With these strengths, the Netherlands’ promotion can be more powerful. At the same time, we must ensure that the Netherlands holds onto its Number 1 spot by strengthening its current position.
- Organisations develop a strategy to promote the Netherlands as the Fietsland internationally.
- Investing together in iconic cycling routes.
- Investing together in data technology and ICT applications for the bicycle
The 9 goals of the Bicycle Agenda 2017-202
- Netherlands as the leading bicycle country
- More room for the bicycle in cities
- Boosting the quality on busy and important regional cycling routes
- Optimise the transition between modes, public transport-bike and car-bike
- Targeted promotion of cycling
- Less cycling accidents
- Less bicycle theft
- Increase knowledge
- Environment and Planning Act